Administrative and Guest Services Assistant
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
This position will begin in thr end of October.
Job Summary: The primary duty of the Marketing and Administrative Assistant is to provide support in the marketing department in the area of snow reporting, on mountain photos, web site updates and other marketing duties as assigned. The secondary role is to provide general administrative support to Bolton’s executive team. This will include working in other departments as necessary. In the administrative roll this person is the front-line representative of the resort for all phone, email and in-person guests of the administrative office. This position runs from Mid-November through April.
- Support marketing department by snow reporting 2-3 days per week. (Involves being at the mountain by 6am on snow report days). Update Bolton Valley web site and third party web sites. Take ski and snowboard photographs on mountain.
- Connect customers with information they need to maximize the value and experience they have at Bolton Valley
- Positively represent the resort by being friendly and helpful
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, comments and complaints in person, by telephone, via email or by regular mail; resolve if possible; refer to supervisor or other staff member/department as indicated
- Be familiar with all of Bolton Valley's products, services and specials.
- Perform basic data entry
- Communicate closely with other departments, particularly Ski School and Mountain Operations.
- Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned
- Assist all members of the executive team with projects as needed.
- Conduct daily surveys of guests and compile weekly results of the surveys for executive team meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- Screen donation requests and mail donations at least once per week.
- Continually monitor and answer the firstname.lastname@example.org emails. Respond directly to questions which are of a general nature and forward to correct manager for specific questions.
- Clean and straighten the Administration area daily, and take out recycling and garbage cans from the administration office on Monday and Friday mornings, to maintain a neat and professional office appearance.
- Straighten supply closet, take supply inventory every Monday, and place orders for supplies which are running low.
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of reception and work areas, including shoveling/sanding/salting of entryway and moving ski/board racks
- Work in other departments as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With customer contact, will sometimes have to deal with upset and/or angry customers. Employee must be prepared for this. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Bachelors degree or equivilent required
- 1-2 years of previous marketing and administrative experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with content management systems for websites
- Familiarity with social media and other third party websites pertinent to the job of snow reporting
- Skiing and/or snowboarding at an intermediate level for on mountain photography and for experiencing snow conditions first hand so an informed snow report can be produced
- Average to above average photography skills.
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone ettiquette skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer are required, as is moderate skiing/snowboarding to check out ski conditions and take pictures.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed inside and outside. The pace is fast.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.