Marketing and Guest Services Assistant
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
Job Summary: This position splits time between the Marketing and Guest Services departments. Marketing duties include support in snow reporting, on mountain photos, web site updates and other marketing duties as assigned. In the Guest Services roll, this person will sell all Bolton Valley mountain-related products, including tickets, season passes, rentals, and lessons. S/he will also provide customers with a variety of information, in person and by phone, by answering questions, handing out printed material, and describing and explaining activities, events, programs, services, rates, schedules, locations/directions, policies, and procedures. A secondary role of this position is to provide general administrative support to Bolton’s executive team. This will include working in other departments as necessary. In the administrative roll this person is the front-line representative of the resort for all phone, email and in-person guests of the administrative office. This position runs from late-November through early-April.
- Support marketing department by snow reporting 2-3 days per week. (Involves being at the mountain by 6am on snow report days). Update Bolton Valley web site and third party web sites. Take ski and snowboard photographs on mountain.
- Sell lift tickets, season passes, lessons and rentals; help guests understand the various options and values to select the right products. Sales include in-person, online and over the telephone.
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, comments and complaints in person, by telephone, via email or by regular mail; resolve if possible; refer to supervisor or other staff member/department as indicated
- Be familiar with all of Bolton Valley's products, services and specials.
- Take payment and return correct change; process credit card payments; print/fill out tickets; process related records/forms, such as credits, coupons, upgrades, gift certificates, lodging vouchers, and the like. Cash out at end of day; prepare cash and ticket/package sales reports.
- Connect customers with information they need to maximize the value and experience they have at Bolton Valley
- Positively represent the resort by being friendly and helpful
- Perform basic data entry
- Communicate closely with other departments, particularly Ski School and Mountain Operations.
- Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned
- Assist all members of the executive team with projects as needed.
- Conduct daily surveys of guests and compile weekly results of the surveys for executive team meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- Screen donation requests and mail donations at least once per week.
- Clean and straighten the Administration area daily, and take out recycling and garbage cans from the administration office on Monday and Friday mornings, to maintain a neat and professional office appearance.
- Straighten supply closet, take supply inventory every Monday, and place orders for supplies which are running low.
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of reception and work areas, including shoveling/sanding/salting of entryway and moving ski/board racks
- Contribute to the development of guest service systems
- Assist in the development of guest services databases
- Work in other departments as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With customer contact, will sometimes have to deal with upset and/or angry customers. Employee must be prepared for this. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Bachelors degree or equivilent required
- 1-2 years of previous marketing, customer service, sales, and/or administrative experience preferred
- Previous customer service and/or cash handling experience is preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with content management systems for websites
- Familiarity with social media and other third party websites pertinent to the job of snow reporting
- Skiing and/or snowboarding at an intermediate level for on mountain photography and for experiencing snow conditions first hand so an informed snow report can be produced
- Average to above average photography skills.
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Good basic math/cash-handling skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone ettiquette skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer are required, as is moderate skiing/snowboarding to check out ski conditions and take pictures.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed almost exclusively indoors, except for some shoveling/sanding/salting of exterior stairs and entryways. The pace is fast, involving lots of information and questions in rapid succession.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.