Administrative and Guest Services Assistant
This position will start mid-October and run until April 2014.
Job Summary: The Administrative and Guest Services Assistant provides general administrative support to Bolton’s executive team with a special focus on Guest Services. In the administrative roll this person is the front-line representative of the resort for all phone, email and in-person guests of the administrative office. In the Guest Services roll this person provides customers with a variety of information, in person and by phone, by handing out written literature, answering questions, and describing and explaining activities, events, programs, services, rates, schedules, locations/directions, policies, and procedures. This position runs from mid-September through early April for an average of 35 hours per week.
- Connect customers with information they need to maximize the value and experience they have at Bolton Valley
- Positively represent the resort by being friendly and helpful
- Sell lift tickets, season passes, lessons and rentals; help guests understand the various options and values to select the right products. Sales include in-person, online and over the telephone.
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, comments and complaints in person, by telephone, via email or by regular mail; resolve if possible; refer to supervisor or other staff member/department as indicated
- Assist in the coordination of lost and found items.
- Be familiar with all of Bolton Valley's products, services and specials.
- Take payment and return correct change; process credit card payments; print/fill out tickets; process related records/forms, such as credits, coupons, upgrades, gift certificates, lodging vouchers, and the like. Cash out at end of day; prepare cash and ticket/package sales reports.
- Perform basic data entry
- Communicate closely with other departments, particularly Ski School and Mountain Operations
- Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned
- Assist all members of the executive team with projects as needed.
- Greet and welcome guests to the Administrative office.
- Conduct daily surveys of guests and compile weekly results of the surveys for executive team meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- Screen donation requests and mail donations at least once per week.
- Continually monitor and answer the firstname.lastname@example.org emails. Respond directly to questions which are of a general nature and forward to correct manager for specific questions.
- Clean and straighten the Administration area daily, and take out recycling and garbage cans from the administration office on Monday and Friday mornings, to maintain a neat and professional office appearance.
- Straighten supply closet, take supply inventory every Monday, and place orders for supplies which are running low.
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of reception and work areas, including shoveling/sanding/salting of entryway and moving ski/board racks
- Contribute to the development of guest service systems
- Assist in the development of guest services databases
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With constant customer contact over the counter, will sometimes have to deal with upset and/or angry customers. Guest Services is the recipient of feedback and complaints, so employees must be prepared for this. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivilent required
- Previous customer service and/or cash handling experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of previous administrative experience in a customer service environment
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Good basic math/cash-handling skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- General interest in the ski industry and in helping others
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone ettiquette skills
- Solid customer service skills
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Alternating prolonged periods of standing and sitting.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed almost exclusively indoors, except for some shoveling/sanding/salting of exterior stairs and entryways. The pace is fast, involving lots of information and questions in rapid succession.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.