Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to Bolton’s executive team. This person is the front-line representative of the resort for all phone, email and in-person guests of the administrative office. This position runs from mid-November through early April for an average of 35-40 hours per week.
- Connect customers with information they need to maximize the value and experience they have at Bolton Valley
- Positively represent the resort by being friendly and helpful
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, comments and complaints in person, by telephone, via email or by regular mail; resolve if possible; refer to supervisor or other staff member/department as indicated
- Perform basic data entry
- Communicate closely with other departments
- Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned
- Assist all members of the executive team with projects as needed.
- Greet and welcome guests to the Administrative office.
- Conduct daily surveys of guests and compile weekly results of the surveys for executive team meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- Screen donation requests and mail donations at least once per week.
- Clean and straighten the Administration area daily, and take out recycling and garbage cans from the administration office on Monday and Friday mornings, to maintain a neat and professional office appearance.
- Straighten supply closet, take supply inventory every Monday, and place orders for supplies which are running low.
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of reception and work areas, including shoveling/sanding/salting of entryway and moving ski/board racks
- Contribute to the development of guest service systems
- Assist in the development of guest services databases
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivilent required
- 1-2 years of previous administrative experience in a customer service environment
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- General interest in the ski industry and in helping others
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone ettiquette skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Alternating prolonged periods of standing and sitting.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed almost exclusively indoors, except for some shoveling/sanding/salting of exterior stairs and entryways. The pace is fast, involving lots of information and questions in rapid succession.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.