Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Part Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
This position is Weekends & Peak (Holiday) times.
Job Summary: Assist in daily activities and care of children.
- Carries out activities for the children, including arts and crafts, games, reading, outdoor play, and singing.
- Complies with all regulations for Non-Recurring Childcare Centers
- Prepares/assists with lunch when needed
- Is sensitive to children’s needs and pitches in when needed
- Takes responsibility for every child in his/her classroom and therefore also interacts with parents when they arrive to pick up their children
- Assists as necessary with duties such as answering the phone, checking in children, checking out children, and providing customer service to parents
- Assists with the cleanup of center
- Assists as necessary to provide a quality experience for the children and a superior level of customer satisfaction
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service. Treats each child as an important individual when providing care.
- High school diploma
- Previous childcare experience
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Patience, and a love of children and teaching
- Must pass background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to relate to, and effectively deal with, young children
- Ability to work efficiently under high pressure
- Genuine fondness of children
- Ability to understand and deal with the needs of parents
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires bending, twisting and lifting (up to approximately 50 lbs.) to interact with children and assist children in getting dressed for outdoor play, and consistently being on your feet. Nightly cleaning requires utilizing a vacuum. Climbing stairs is required to obtain food and other supplies. Stress can result from the fast paced activity inherent in an environment filled with young children.
Work Environment: Most work is performed indoors in the climate-controlled Child Care Room, but some outdoor time may be required in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.