Director of Ski & Ride School
Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
Location: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT
This position is Winter Seasonal (October-April) but includes the benefits of a Year Round employee. Health & Dental Inurance, Vacation & Sick Pay, 401k (after 1 year), Free Season Pass for yourself and dependents!
Job Summary: Oversees all management of Ski and Ride School, the Nordic Center, the Race Department, Child Care and Sports Center, while promoting skiing and riding by providing top-quality lessons in a fun learning environment.
- Ultimately responsible for approximately 125 employees in the five departments, including hiring, firing and disciplinary decisions
- Interview and hires all seasonal personnel
- Design lesson packages and pricing that fits the needs of the clientele of Bolton Valley.
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions for both new and returning instructors, and support them on the slopes throughout the season
- Schedule employees according to anticipated customer needs
- Design a budget and oversee the finances of the department
- Run several programs including; After School Program, Home School Program, and Kid’s Vacation Camp
- Teach lessons when needed
- New hire paperwork
- Exit evaluations and rehire recommendations
- Provide support to Ski & Ride Departments as needed
- Work with Supervisors in striving for the overall harmony and cohesiveness of the entire Ski/Snowboard School
- Encourage the professional development of instructors through in-house clinics and PSIA and AASI events.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Director of Skiing and Riding has frequent face to face and phone contact with customers. Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- 2 years of college
- Level 3 PSIA certification
- 3-5 Years of managerial experience
- 3-5 Years of ski resort experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and customer service skills
- Knowledge of PSIA certification process
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to ski safely and confidently in all ski conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times.
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Physical demands of potentially skiing all day
- Stress involved with customer contact and management of a high number of workers
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent on the computer, phone, and interacting with customers.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.