Department: Food & Beverage
Please attend one of the Job Fairs on November 2nd or 16th. You will be able to meet and interview with the Director of Food & Beverage.
Job Summary: Dishwashers are responsible for all cleaning of kitchenware such as plates, trays, utensils and equipment after use, as well as general kitchen assistance.
- Clean dishes from breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Return needed kitchenware to service as quickly as possible after cleaning
- Maintain the functionality of all kitchen equipment
- Prep some food for each work day
- Cook and replenish food as necessary
- Adhere to food safety standards for cleanliness of food service items
- Monitor cleanliness of his or her work station
- Load and unload food/alcohol shipments into restaurant
- Assist with restaurant tasks as necessary
- Shovel snow near the restaurant entrance
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Limited customer contact, but must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service even if mostly among staff.
Qualifications: High school diploma preferred. Can be trained in the job. No previous work experience needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of safe and efficient operation of kitchen equipment. Willing and able to learn basic food prep.
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, some bending and twisting, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The position involves regular exposure to open flames, hot items and hot water from the dish machine, as well as sharp cutting utensils. Most work is performed indoors, but some occasional outdoor work, such as snow shoveling, may be required. Outdoor work is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.