Department: Food & Beverage
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Part Time
Job Summary: The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting the guests and seating them in a timely manner.
- Greeting guests in a timely manner
- Seat Guests in an orderly fashion
- Clean and organize host station prior to opening and after closing
- Maintain a fully stocked bar, including all needed bartender’s tools
- Help clear tables
- Monitor cleanliness and general appearance of restaurant
- Assist in serving food to customers during high volume periods
- Perform end of night duties
- Assist in the management of other food outlet locations around the resort if needed
- Occasional snow shoveling near the restaurant entrance
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With large amount of customer contact, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
High school diploma
1-2 years of customer service experience in the food service industry preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, and may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: Most work is performed indoors, but some occasional outdoor work, such as snow shoveling, may be required. Outdoor work is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.