Hotel Front Desk Agent
Season: Year Round
Time: Part Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Rd. Bolton, VT 05477
This position is Part Time with the potential to become Full Time for the right candidate.
Job Summary: Provides knowledgeable, efficient and friendly service to all lodging guests and prospective guests, to provide a quality stay and positive guest experience.
1) Arrive on time as scheduled and adhere to appropriate dress code as stated in employee manual.
2) Maintain cleanliness and proper presentation of both Front Office and Back Office as well as Lobby area.
3) Processes arriving and departing guests
4) Provides accurate facility information to guests and prospective guests concerning guest room features, property-related amenities, resort offerings, area events and activities, and restaurant and dining options
5) Efficiently and accurately handles all financial aspects of the front desk including the management of a cash drawer and proper billing and payment procedures.
6) Reservations responsibilities:
a) Registers “walk-in” reservations
b) Processes reservations, cancellations, and changes arriving by mail, telephone, fax, email, or through a central reservations system in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
c) Reviews and analyzes each scheduled arrival (rate, date, package, discount review, etc.) for the coming week and coming day, to ensure all details and requests are in order and registration information is available at the front desk.
d) Presents details on rates and packages, and calculates custom package rates if requested.
e) Reviews reservations and processes appropriate confirmation letters
f) Responds daily to email inquiries and oversees all guest correspondence
g) Files hard copies of internet bookings
7) If working night shift, complete a nightly financial analysis and audit, and completes nightly security rounds to ensure the safety of the property and its guests.
8) Maintains a Lost and Found system and mails found items when necessary.
9) Conducts inventory of Front Desk supplies as needed.
10) Solicits guest feedback both verbally and by utilizing guest comment cards.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Front Desk Agent has continuous customer contact. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: High school diploma, with some prior customer service experience or training.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Good comprehension of what constitutes excellent customer service. Ability to diffuse sometimes difficult customer situations with courtesy and professionalism.
Physical and Mental Demands: Must help guests with luggage, vacuum lobby, assist in housekeeping, and perform similar physical activity, requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. and pushing/pulling, bending, reaching, and squatting.
Work Environment: Work is performed primarily indoors in a climate controlled environment, but sometimes requires outside work in winter to shovel snow from the front steps and fire escapes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.