Season: Year Round
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Rd. Bolton, VT 05477
This positions includes the following benefits; Health/Dental Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holdiay Pay, 401k, Free Season Pass!
Job Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor serves as a team leader who assists in the daily operations of housekeeping services to ensure offices, guest rooms, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
Performs all the duties of a housekeeper as follows:
- Arrive on time as scheduled and adhere to appropriate dress code as stated in employee manual.
- Maintain the property in a clean, orderly and sanitary way through the washing, cleaning and care of all common areas as assigned.
- Adhere to guest room and condo cleaning procedures as outlined in the Housekeeping Procedure Manual.
- Operate various mechanized and non-mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, mops and brooms, to clean floors, furniture, draperies, etc.
- Polish metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings, and wash walls, woodwork, windows, etc.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Comply with property and state and federal safety regulations in handling various cleaning solvents and chemicals.
- Participate in weekly trainings to ensure adherence to property cleaning standards.
- Report any needed repairs of rooms or common areas to the Lodging Manager as needed.
- Collect soiled linens for laundering, and store linen supplies in linen closet.
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Move and arrange furniture, turn mattresses, hang draperies, dust blinds, and polish metalwork to ready hotel facilities for occupancy.
- Replace light bulbs as needed.
- Arrange decorations, apparatus, or furniture for banquets and social functions.
- Clean and remove debris from driveway and garage areas.
- Prepare sample rooms for sales meetings and site tours.
- Deliver ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guest rooms.
In addition to housekeeper duties:
- Supervise housekeeping staff
- Complete daily room and condo inspections
- Conducts hiring, scheduling, training, supervising, coaching housekeeping staff
- Order inventory as needed, exercising judgment with cost control
- Resolve difficult guest issues
- Other duties may apply
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: 1-2 years of prior housekeeping experience in a resort environment.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Ability to effectively communication with customers and co-workers, and to read written instructions. Willing to take initiative in training and directing the work of housekeepers. Solid understanding of guest expectations.
Physical and Mental Demands: Position involves lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as pushing and pulling heavy objects. The majority of work time is spent standing, walking, bending, pushing and pulling. Some stress may result from dealing with difficult guests.
Work Environment: Most work is performed inside, but some outside shoveling of hotel room balconies is required. Riding in and/or driving a Bolton van may be required to access condos for cleaning and inspection.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.