Kids Room Coordinator
Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
Job Summary: The Kids’ Room Coordinator oversees the room/area where children meet for ski school and spend time when not on the hill skiing and riding. Is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure space and learning environment that kids enjoy and parents feel comfortable with.
- Meet, greet and register parents and their young children
- Assign appropriate ski levels to each child, and oversee the assignment of groups
- Ensure appropriate instructor supervision and care of children when they are in the Clubhouse
- Meet parents and instructors at Pickup Place. Make sure all children are signed in and out
- Inform parents of children’s progress and improvement, and see that instructors fill out progress cards for every student
- Work with the other ski and ride school supervisors in striving for the harmony and cohesiveness of the entire Ski/Snowboard School
- Clean the room nightly
- Set up supplies for the upcoming week, such as paperwork and bathroom supplies
- Communicate potential improvement in program and setup to Director of Skiing and Riding
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Position involves ongoing customer contact, so must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Skiing or riding experience
- 1-2 years as a ski instructor
- Degree in early learning or equivalent work experience with young children
- Must pass a background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to relate to, and effectively deal with, young children
- Ability to work efficiently under high pressure
- Genuine fondness of children
- Ability to understand and deal with the needs of parents
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public
Physical and Mental Demands:
Requires bending, twisting and lifting (up to approximately 50 lbs.) to assist children in getting dressed for skiing and riding, and consistently being on your feet. Nightly cleaning requires utilizing a vacuum. Climbing stairs is required to obtain food and other supplies. Stress can result from the fast paced activity inherent in an environment filled with young children.
Work Environment: Most work is performed indoors in the climate-controlled Kids’ Room, but some outdoor time may be required in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.