Kids Room Coordinator
Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
To Start In January
Job Title: Ski and Ride Sales Associate
Department: Ski and Ride
Reports To: Director of Ski School
Position Status: Full Time Seasonal
Date: December 2016
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Ski and Ride Sales Associate is the ultimate source of information for all things a visitor would need to know about booking lessons here at Bolton Valley. You would provide our guests with a variety of information, in person and by phone, by handing out written literature, answering questions, and describing and explaining, programs, services, rates, schedules, locations/directions, policies, and procedures.
- Greet and assist guests professionally, knowledgeably and enthusiastically.
- Respond to guest communications in a reliable courteous manner and resolve problems if possible.
- Refer unanswered questions and unresolved problems to the appropriate person.
- Efficiently and courteously respond to requests from guests and fellow staff members.
- Act as sales representative for Bolton Valley Resort, seeking to maximize revenue opportunities
- Maintain accurate knowledge of Bolton Valley Resort products, procedures, rates, and resort calendar.
- Be familiar with employee names and titles.
- High School education.
- Minimum 1 year experience in ski & snowboard school reservations, ticket sales, or customer service industry required.
- Must demonstrate high degree of energy and self-motivation.
- Must be able to remain calm and decisive in high stress conditions.
- Must be detail oriented with sound math and clerical skills.
- Must be able to work with a computerized system.
- Should have good knowledge of skiing, lifts, trails and Bolton Valley and surrounding areas.
- Ability to work a full time (5 days per week) schedule is required, including weekends and holidays
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of reception and work areas, including shoveling/sanding/salting of entryway and moving ski/board racks
- Contribute to the development of guest service systems
- Assist in the development of guest services databases
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With constant customer contact over the counter, will sometimes have to deal with upset and/or angry customers. Guest Services is the recipient of feedback and complaints, so employees must be prepared for this. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivilent required
- Previous customer service and/or cash handling experience is preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Good basic math/cash-handling skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- General interest in the ski industry and in helping others
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone ettiquette skills
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed almost exclusively indoors, except for some shoveling/sanding/salting of exterior stairs and entryways. The pace is fast, involving lots of information and questions in rapid succession.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.