Job Summary: The Lift Mechanic is responsible for ongoing maintenance and as-needed repairs and trouble shooting of all the ski lifts at Bolton Valley.
- Performs routine general maintenance tasks on ski lifts, such as greasing wheel sets and daily APU checks
- Performs daily pre-safety checks of lifts prior to initial operation
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems as needed
- Checks for normal wear and tear of lift parts and equipment on an ongoing basis
- Performs routine non-lift related maintenance tasks around the resort during the summer
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license for snowmobile operation
Required Knowledge and Skills: Solid mechanical aptitude.
Physical and Mental Demands: Must be able to climb ladders to access lift components on towers, walk on uneven ground surfaces, and be on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift. Requires bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold and snow in winter, heat in summer, wind, sleet and rain. Also requires working at heights up to 40 feet. Bolton will provide necessary safety equipment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.