LOCATION: 4302 Access Rd. Bolton, VT 05477
Please attach your resume to your application or email it separately to HR@boltonvalley.com
This position is Full Time Year Round and includes Health/Dental benefits, Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, and Season Passes for you and your dependents!
Job Summary: The Lodging Manager oversees all aspects of the Lodging Department, which includes the hotel front desk, housekeeping, and owner services. They are responsible for the management of 113 hotel rooms, suites, and condos including inventory control, setting rates, budget management, reservations, guest & owner correspondence, marketing, guest relations, and working with RCI and Regency for Time Share support.
- Manage and provide guidance to the Front Desk Supervisor and Housekeeping Supervisor, as needed to run the Lodging Department
- Oversee the hiring, firing, scheduling, performance evaluation, quality control, and training of approximately 2 direct reports and 12 indirect reports in housekeeping and front desk services
- Work closely with the Marketing & Sales Department to develop and implement strategies in Lodging areas in alignment with resort goals
- Prioritize and assign daily tasks to front desk and housekeeping
- Represent Bolton to all lodging and condo associations, attending quarterly and yearly meetings and troubleshooting issues with owners and associations as needed
- Maintain owner units and rental reservations, and monitor the acceptance of timeshare reservations by RCI
- Oversee all shuttle transportation for groups/guests/international employees staying at the resort
- Program Property Management System back end for group info, rates and availability, and remedy oversale of rental units
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of lodging/hospitality experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Computer Skills, RDP
Physical and Mental Demands: Must help guests with luggage, vacuum lobby, assist in housekeeping, and perform similar physical activity, requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. and pushing/pulling, bending, reaching, and squatting. Prolonged periods of time are spent on the phone and computer.
Work Environment: Work is performed primarily indoors in a climate controlled environment, but sometimes requires outside work in winter to shovel snow from the front steps and fire escapes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.