Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Part Time
Job Summary: Instruct nordic skiers of all ages and abilities how to improve their skills, while providing a fun and effective learning environment.
- Instructs groups and /or individuals in a fun lesson format
- Teaches proper technique appropriate to the ability level of those being instructed
- Promotes safety and gives students the knowledge to remain safe when they leave lessons to ski on their own
- Participates in clinics and free-skiing to constantly improve personal skiing skills
- Helps customers to size equipment and provide useful information
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service. Treats each lesson recipient as an important individual when providing instruction.
- High school diploma
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Patience, and a love of the outdoors and teaching
- Previous experience teaching Nordic skiing, both skate and classic preferred
- Must pass background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to ski safely and confidently in all ski conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times
- Ability to work during peak ski times and in bad weather
Physical and Mental Demands: Must be capable of skiing for prolonged periods of time (2+ hours at a time) to teach lessons. Dealing with demanding customers can be stressful.
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent helping customers in the Sports & Nordic Center.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.