Department: Food & Beverage
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
Job Summary: The Pizza Supervisor is a working supervisor who fulfills over-the-counter food and drink orders for customers in Fireside Flatbread, and oversees the scheduling and work performance of the pizza staff.
All functions of Pizza Staff:
- Assist in prep work of pizza ingredients, and the making of pizza dough
- Prepare and bake flatbreads
- Take customer food and drink orders from behind the counter
- Process customer payments at the register
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to customers
- Adhere to Vermont DLC standards regarding the serving of alcohol
- Assist with pre-opening and closing procedures
- Retrieve wood for pizza oven from outside, and maintain adequate wood supply in the restaurant
Additional supervisory responsibilities:
- Oversee approximately 2 pizza workers, including scheduling and monitoring of job performance
- Handle cash out procedures
- Monitor the selling of alcohol to guests
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: High school education, plus 1-2 years of restaurant experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid math skills
- Previous experience in food service preferred
- Valid proof of DLC certification prior to employment, or willingness and ability to attend DLC certification course
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Some bending and squatting to insert pizza in oven and retrieve wood is also required.
Work Environment: The position involves regular exposure to open flames and hot items. Most work is performed indoors, but restocking firewood requires being outdoors in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.