Job Summary: The snow reporter communicates snow conditions on a regular basis via a variety of web and networking sites.
· Reports snow conditions daily starting at 6am
· Attends snow plan at 2pm every day
· Updates social media outlets
· Takes daily photo and posts on boltonvalley.com and on facebook
· Skis and/or rides several times per week to experience snow conditions first hand
· Writes weekly newsletter
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Most customer contact is on the web through the resort’s Facebook and Twitter pages. When representing the resort, employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-3 years of marketing or writing experience
· Submit sample snow report with application
· Provide links (with application) to any of the following that you update regularly: a blog, Twitter page, Facebook page or other online writing that you are currently engaged in.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Familiarity with content management systems for websites
· Familiarity with social media and other third party websites pertinent to the job of snow reporting
· Skiing and/or snowboarding at an intermediate level for on mountain photography and for experiencing snow conditions first hand so an informed snow report can be produced
· General knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
Physical and Mental Demands: Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer are required, as is moderate skiing/snowboarding to check out ski conditions and take pictures.
Work Environment: The majority of work time is spent indoors. Outdoor time involves skiing/snowboarding in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, wind, rain and snow.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.