Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Rd. Bolton Valley, VT 05477
Applicants must provide a cover letter, a resume, a sample snow report, and a link to any of the following that you update regularly: a blog, Twitter page, Facebook page or other online writing that you are currently engaged in.
Job Summary: The primary duties of the Communications Coordinator include writing the snow report five days per week, serving as the Bolton Valley historian leading up the resorts 50th anniversary, write the weekly newsletter, produce weekly promotional videos, take photos on a daily basis, take the lead on social media and write blogs. This position runs from September through April.
- Report snow conditions starting at 6am five days per week.
- Serve as the Bolton Valley historian. This will involve interviewing people on camera, collecting artifacts from Bolton’s past, researching articles and original documents, writing historical articles and assisting in the layout for a Bolton magazine to be published in August 2016.
- Update social media outlets.
- Produce weekly promotional videos.
- Takes on mountain photographs.
- Ski and/or ride several times per week to experience snow conditions first hand.
- Write weekly newsletter.
- Write other email communications as necessary.
- Updates two blogs on a regular basis.
- Occasionally write press releases.
- Continually update website to ensure all information is current.
- Work in other departments as needed
- Other work as assigned
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Most customer contact is on the web through the resort’s Facebook and Twitter pages. When representing the resort, employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of marketing and writing experience
- Submit sample snow report with application
- Provide links (with application) to any of the following that you update regularly: a blog, Twitter page, Facebook page or other online writing that you are currently engaged in.
- 1-2 years experience in video production. Please submit one to two sample videos with application.
- Please include resume and cover letter.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with content management systems for websites
- Familiarity with social media.
- Skiing and/or snowboarding at an intermediate level for on mountain photography/video and for experiencing snow conditions first hand so an informed snow report can be produced
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Video production for 2-3 minute online videos.
- Basic photography skills
Physical and Mental Demands: Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer are required, as is moderate skiing/snowboarding to check out ski conditions and take pictures/video.
Work Environment: The majority of work time is spent indoors. Outdoor time involves skiing/snowboarding in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, wind, rain and snow.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.