Snowboard Manager (Ski and Ride School)
Department: Ski School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
Job Summary: The Snowboard Manager oversees all aspects of snowboard instruction at the resort, while promoting riding by providing top-quality lessons in a fun learning environment.
- Directly supervise approximately 50 snowboard instructors throughout the season
- Train snowboard instructors on how to conduct effective snowboard lessons
- Provide positive customer service to guests regarding snowboard lessons
- Assign snowboard instructors to lessons
- Schedule employees to work according to anticipated customer volume
- Assist the Director of Skiing and Riding as needed
- Assist with scheduling and implementing all After School Programs
- Interact with guests about available snowboard programs, ability levels, and lesson procedures, and troubleshoot guest issues concerning snowboard instruction
- Teach lessons
- Attend job fairs and interview applicants as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Snowboard Director has extensive face to face contact with customers. Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Level 1 AASI certification or equivalent training
- Extensive snowboarding experience
- Prior experience managing a large group of employees in a customer-oriented environment
- Prior experience instructing both adults and children
- Must pass a background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of snowboarding skills and beginner knowledge of skiing skills
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to manage a broad range of employees and customers
Physical and Mental Demands: Must be capable of riding for prolonged periods of time to teach lessons, train employees, and oversee on-mountain activity. Busy work environment and dealing with demanding customers can be stressful.
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent on the computer, phone, and in the Explorers Clubhouse with children.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.