Sports Center Staff
Department: Ski School
LOCATION: Bolton Valley Resort, Bolton, VT
This position is Part Time WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
Job Summary: To run cash register to sell all rental and retail products, provide trail and condition information to guests, and outfit guests with appropriate ski or snowshoe rental equipment, when necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to every person who enters the BV Nordic & Sports Center
- Sell rental, retail items and lift tickets while presenting guests with opportunities for purchasing additional Bolton Valley products and services.
- Occasionally, assist guests in selecting appropriate ski or snowshoe rental equipment
- Assist in the overall cleanliness and functionality of the Nordic & Sports Center
- Provide support to Manager when needed, including pool and hot tub maintenance
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: This position involves constant, direct customer contact: answering questions, selling products and …Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school education
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Pool maintainance experience is helpful
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and under pressure
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking short distances
- Minor lifting
- High noise levels and crowded spaces during busy times
- Occasional snow shoveling and moving of ski racks
Work is performed primarily indoors, but may include outdoor tasks such as moving ski racks, shoveling snow and teaching. Noise levels can be high and space crowded during busy times. .
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.