Terrain Park Staff
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
Part Time and Full Time Positions available
Job Summary: The Terrain Park Specialist builds Terrain Park features and maintains the park for the enjoyment of Bolton guests.
· Construct park features such as rails and jumps
· Shovel snow, fix broken items, and perform general maintenance on park features
· Ski/ride prior to daily opening to assess quality and safety issues
· Mark off and close features as safety necessitates, and report closing to terrain park manager
· Patrol the park, encouraging proper park use and addressing unsafe practices with users
· Assist injured park guests, and calls ski patrol if needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Terrain Park Specialist has regular customer interactions with visitors and users of the park, and must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
· High school diploma
· Frequent previous use of terrain parks as a skier/rider.
· Intermediate to advanced skiing/riding ability.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Snow shaping skills, as well as knowledge of terrain park components and proper terrain park etiquette.
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside, and requires prolonged periods of skiing/riding and labor-intensive maintenance work in all weather conditions and on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling snow with rakes and shovels, and using power tools
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.