Terrain Park Supervisor
This position starts November 1st and runs until April 2014.
Job Summary: The Terrain Park Supervisor designs and builds Terrain Park features and oversees staff and park maintenance throughout the season.
- Design the Terrain Park, including layout and features
- Oversee approximately 3 Terrain Park Specialists, including making hiring, firing, and disciplinary decisions
- Attend Job Fairs to recruit staff
- Construct park features using a Grooming Machine to build features such as rails and jumps, and coordinate staff assistance in construction
- Ski/ride the park prior to daily opening to assess quality and safety issues
- Mark off and close features as safety necessitates, and report closing to Ski Patrol and Director of Mountain Operations
- Shovel snow, fix broken items, and perform general maintenance on park features
- Log and document all safety issues, changes in park features, and feature openings/closings
- Patrol the park, encouraging proper park use and addressing unsafe practices with users
- Assist injured park guests, and call ski patrol if needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Terrain Park Supervisor has regular customer interactions with visitors and users of the park, and must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma
- 2-3 years experience in Terrain Park design and/or maintenance
- Frequent previous use of terrain parks as a skier/rider
- Intermediate to advanced skiing/riding ability
- Experience with grooming Terrain Parks
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Snow shaping skills
- Knowledge of terrain park components and proper terrain park etiquette
- Solid supervisory skills
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside, and requires prolonged periods of skiing/riding and labor-intensive maintenance work in all weather conditions and on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling snow with rakes and shovels, and using power tools.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift. Some desk work, such as staff scheduling, is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.