Department: Mountain Services
Full-Time and Part-Time positions avaialabe for Day shifts and Night shifts.
Job Summary: A ticket checker ensures that every skier or snowboarder has a valid day ticket or season pass before boarding a lift. On busy days, ticket checkers are also responsible for grouping people together to keep lift lines moving efficiently.
1. Check to ensure every skier or snowboarder has a valid day ticket or season pass each time before boarding the lift
2. Answer guest questions by being familiar with Bolton Valley's layout, products, services and current conditions or by asking someone who can answer the guest's question
3. Identify fraudulent or counterfeit ticket use
4. Communicate safety procedures and rules for riding the lifts to the customers as necessary
5. Handle upset guests in a friendly and courteous manner
6. Organize passengers into groups of 2 or 4 (depending on lift) to fill chairs and move lift lines efficiently
7. Maintain lift maze area, including shovelling and raking as necessary
1. Implement emergency procedures, including contacting Ski Patrol
2. Assist in evacuation of a disabled lift
3. Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned, which may include working as a traffic circle greeter or parkling lot attendant as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: This position involves extensive direct customer contact in checking tickets, answering customer questions and general customer interaction. Every skiing/snowboarding guest comes into contact with a ticket checker, so employee is expected to be particularly outgoing and friendly, to provide the most pleasant guest experience possible. Employee is also expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
· High school diploma or equivilent
· Prior customer service experience preferred
· A friendly, outgoing personality
· Basic knowledge of the ski industry preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Love of working with people and in the outdoors
· Ability to tolerate standing in the cold for extended periods of time
· Familiarity with all of Bolton Valley's ticket and pass products (training and samples provided), as well as the resort's layout, products and services
Physical and Mental Demands: Prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must be able to read and identify lift tickets, while remaining alert at all times for skiers and snowboarders arriving at load area. The busy, fast-paced environment can be stressful, but must be handled with a smile.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires standing for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.