Sports Center Wait Staff
Department: Food & Beverage
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Full Time
LOCATION: 4302 Bolton Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
Job Summary: Waitstaff are responsible for serving drinks and food to guests in an assigned section of the restaurant, while adhering to DLC rules and regulations and maintaining an overall pleasant environment for the guests.
- Take accurate food orders and subsequently deliver them to guests
- Check ID’s for all guests who do not appear to be over 30.
- Make drinks for guests and monitor potential guest intoxication to prevent the over-serving of alcohol
- Side work, such as equipping and prepping tables, vacuuming, and maintaining general appearance of the restaurant at the beginning and end of each shift to make sure restaurant is ready to go for the next shift
- Restock wait stations at end of each shift
- Adhere to proper food safety standards
- Monitor cleanliness of individual work station
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With extensive customer contact, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma
- Previous waitressing work a strong preference but not a requirement, as employee can be trained
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to learn about and recite menu items
- General organizational skills
- Knowledge of food safety issues
- Basic knowledge of liquors, wines, and beers
- Ability to operate POS system to ring in orders
- Valid proof of DLC certification prior to employment, or willingness and ability to attend DLC certification course
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Stress can result from the often fast pace and the demands of guests.
Work Environment: The position involves exposure to open flames and hot items (from fireplace and hot plates of food), as well as sharp cutting utensils. Most work is performed indoors, but some occasional outdoor work, such as snow shoveling, may be required. Outdoor work is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.