Ski and Snowboard School
Bolton Valley's ski and ride school provides student-centered, guest-oriented, and outcome-based lessons that promote safety, fun, and learning. Lessons are the best way for beginners, both kids and adults, to be introduced to the sport. Advanced skiers and riders can take advantage of lessons to hone existing skills and acquire new ones.
For more information on these or any other Ski/Snowboarding School programs, call 802-434-6875.
Tips For Success
- On busy weekends and holidays, plan to get to the mountain early, between 8 and 8:30 a.m., especially if you have children and are in need of rental equipment. Lessons organize around 9:00am with lessons starting promptly at 9:30am.
- On weekdays lessons organize around 9:30am and classes start promptly at 10:00am.
- Lessons for 13 and older organize between 9:45 - 10am and classes start promptly at 10am.
- Leave yourself enough time to arrive promptly at the meeting place; in the Explorers’ Clubhouse for children, or on the snow for teens and adults.
- To ensure the best results for you and your child, please give accurate information (ages, abilities, etc.) to our experienced staff.
- Observe your child in his/her class from afar; don't get close enough to cause a distraction to your child or the class.
- Please remember that one parent must remain on the mountain while a child is in any program, or should be reachable by phone in case of an emergency.
- Dress in layers; more is better than less.
- On the colder days the class will take frequent breaks to ensure you child has a great day. Hot chocolate, while in the program, is on us!
- On sunny days, use sunscreen and protective eyewear.
- By far the best and most economical programs for those who have never skied or snowboarded before are our all day programs.
Reservations are recommended for all lessons. Call 802-434-6875 or 1-877-9BOLTON ext 1075. Most importantly, come ready for FUN! (Lessons fill up quickly, especially on weekends and peak periods. Please call at least 48 hours in advance for a reservation. You may still get a spot if you call or stop in closer to your preferred lesson time, but planning further ahead give you the best chance at securing the lesson time you'd prefer.)
We also offer Nordic lessons through our extensive backcountry terrain. The Bolton Valley Nordic Center offers a wide variety of lessons and programs for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing. For more information or to make a reservation please call (802)-434-6876.Check out the Nordic Center for more information.