Date: Jan 29 2014
Event Details for January 29th
Bolton Valley is hosting a mock Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics on Jan 29th. Skiers and riders will assemble in teams of three to represent their flag in the group slopestyle event. The slopestyle course will be located skiers left of the Butterscotch park
Age and gender groups are out this week. Each team will be judged on their unity, creativity, and ability. Skiers and snowboarders are encouraged to team up, but this is not mandatory. Mixing gender and age category within your group is also encouraged.
Night Rider points will be allocated to the group winners. I.E. each member of the first place team will receive 5 points within their age category towards Night Rider finals.
Countries are appointed on a first come, first serve basis. Have your team captain message the Shred Bolton Facebook Page to secure your flag. If you are not on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice of country. If you cannot create a team by the 29th we will organize you into groups the night of the event.
For those of you who reserve a flag ahead of time, dressing to represent your country will earn you some love from the judges. (please be respectful in how you portray the country you choose)
The team challenge is a long standing tradition at Bolton Valley. Creativity and group unity stand above all else. Do you have what it takes to be an Olympian?
Night Rider Series Details
Skiers and riders compete under the lights in the Bolton Valley terrain parks for prizes four Wednesday nights this year, ending with a full day Series Finale on Sunday, March 16th. The event set-up changes each week to keep things fresh - sometimes it's a rail jam, sometimes it's a full slopestyle, and sometimes anything in between. Come to every event and collect points for bigger prizes to be given away on the final day of the series.
On another note, Night Season Passes are now on sale. Passes can be purchased for $149, and are good from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM any night we're open for night skiing.
In an effort to make the series more affordable we have reduced the entry price this year!
- $18 registration includes park lift ticket (per event).
- $10 registration for pass holders (per event).
The 2014 schedule
- January 15 - Rail Jam
- January 29 - Slopestyle
- February 12 - Mystery
- February 19 - Rail Jam
- SUNDAY March 16 - Night Riders Series Finals: Finals will consist of three, to be determined, events. In order to qualify for final prizes you must attend at least two of the four regular series events. Contestants will receive points for each event they compete in. That means triple points for finals! Entry fee for finals is $10. Non-pass holders will be able to purchase a $25 all mountain lift ticket for the day of finals.
- 4:30 to 5:30pm Registration at Guest Services
- 5:50pm Rider Meeting at the base of the Snowflake lift
- 6:00 to 8:00pm Competition
- 8:00pm Awards in Base Lodge
- 12 and under male skiers
- 12 and under male snowboarders
- 13-17 male skiers
- 13-17 male snowboarders
- 18 and up male skiers
- 18 and up male snowboarders
- Female skiers (all ages)
- Female snowboarders (all ages)