The safety of our staff, guests and the community remain our #1 priority here at Bolton Valley. We will continue to follow all guidance from the State of Vermont, CDC and OSHA. We will remain agile and adaptive through the course of this ever-changing reality and encourage you to check back frequently to this page as updates to our operations are made.
The science is clear: wearing face coverings AND maintaining physical distance are the best measures we can all take to prevent the spread of COVID-19, therefore:
- Face coverings are strongly recommend regardless of vaccination status at all times in all of our indoor spaces, per the State of Vermont.
In addition to face coverings, the other thing we can all do to keep each other safe is maintain appropriate physical distancing whenever and wherever possible, including on our chairlifts, in our lift lines, parking lots, and lodges. Therefore:
- We will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the State of Vermont.
- Please keep a safe distance from our staff as they are our most valuable resource. We need a healthy staff to keep the lifts turning this winter.
- For obvious reasons, we are looking to limit over the counter interactions as much as possible and encouraging our guests to please buy in advance online whenever possible. There will be essentially no deals offered across the ticket counter, so please do not walk up and ask for one.
- Buy online in advance:
- Lift tickets: Please pre purchase online and either reload your BV MTN (RFID) Card OR snag your card by scanning the code in your confirmation email at one of 3 pick up boxes located around the resort (follow signs upon arrival). Either way, you do not need to visit a ticket counter and in fact, ask that you please do not visit our counters whenever possible. If you’re at the resort and would like to speak with someone, we encourage you to call our Call Center and they can answer your questions. There will be no Guest Services counter in the Main Base Lodge this year as we have very limited capacity in that space this year.
- Rentals: Please reserve your alpine, snowboard, AT, or split rental gear in advance and we’ll have your gear ready to pick up when you arrive. Pre purchased rentals can be picked up slopeside at the Little Rock Rental Shop. Backcountry rentals (splitboards and A/T skis) can be picked up at the Sports Center. In both cases, no need to go inside. There will be outdoor storage shelving for you to store the boots you wore on arrival.
- Ski & Ride Lessons: For lessons, please call (802) 434-3444 to book a lesson or head over ot the ticket cube and see what is available.
- Have questions? Give our new Call Center a shout! Whether on site or pre-arrival, this is the best way to interact with our staff as we try to limit over the counter, face to face interactions.
- No bags permitted in the base lodge this year and no storage of bags/gear this year either.
As of June 15, 2021 the Govern Phil Scott and the State of Vermont removed all COVID-19 restriction and the state of emergency expired. You are no longer required to quarantine for 14 days or 7 days with a negative test. We will do our best to keep this section up to date, but it is subject to change by the state at any time, so we encourage you to keep up with the latest requirements here: Vermont Cross State Travel Requirements
- The State of Vermont COVID- restrictions can change at any time, if that does happen we will be following all guidelines and restrictions put into place by the State of Vermont.
- For more info, please visit https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
- We have increased our cleaning staff to ensure all indoor spaces are cleaned and sterilized on a regular basis throughout the day. We are also providing all staff with renewed training and cleaning supplies to continually maintain sanitation in their space.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in high traffic areas and touch free sensory units have been installed at several entrances to indoor spaces.
- We are adding two more bathrooms in the coyote lounge and are encouraging people to access all bathrooms in the base lodge through outdoor entrances rather than the main base lodge interior stairways to reduce congestion.
- The indoor Guest Services counter (in the main base lodge) will be closed for the 21-22 winter.
- We encourage everyone to buy their tickets online this year and, once you have a BV MTN CARD to reload lift tickets online as well. Go straight from your car to the lifts!
- All in person ticket sales will be done at our outdoor facing windows, but we prefer that you skip the ticket window and buy in advance before arriving at Bolton Valley. If you arrive at the resort without a lift ticket, you will pay substantially more money to ski and ride that day (assuming lift tickets aren’t sold out already) than you would have buying in advance before arriving.
- Guest Information and changes to any operating protocols will be continually updated online. When you have a question, even while physically at the resort, the most efficient path to your answer will be on your phone. We have been strengthening our Wi-Fi across the resort and our call center will also be fielding calls throughout the day.
We will teach your kids (and you) to ski this season at Bolton Valley!
- All lesson and season long programs will meet outside on snow.
- All bookings will be done by phone or at the Ticket Cube.
- Private and group lessons will be offered at Bolton Valley this season. Physical distancing will be practiced in all lessons – which means there will be no physical assistance from instructors.
- Season Long Programs will be adapting to COVID by offering half day sessions. If you want your kid to have a full day of skiing, enroll them in the morning and afternoon session! But know that they will be returned to you for lunch.
- The Big Rock Mountain Shop and BV Rental Shop will be open this year.
- The rental and retail shops will abide by the State of Vermont’s capacity requirements if any are put in place.
- Rental & season leases are available for pre-purchase online. Pre-purchase is strongly recommended. This includes all alpine, nordic, and backcountry products.
- We anticipate the State of Vermont will not be limiting indoor seating capacities or restrict bar seating. As of now, we will not be limiting our indoor dining capacity. If the State of Vermont does reinstate any restriction, Bolton Valley will be following those requirements.
- We will still have food ordering via your phone and pickup when food is ready to limit congestion in our dining areas.
- Please consult our lodging page for our up-to-date Health & Safety Plan for overnight guests atfinalizfinour slopeside hotel, including the State of Vermont’s