Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide general and administrative support to key members of Bolton’s Valley’s executive leadership team: BV’s President, HR Director, and Board Chair. Bolton Valley Resort is at exciting moment of reimagination and growth. The person in this position will sit at the front line of that evolution with the resort’s president, helping to effect change by executing administrative tasks and other projects to maximize productivity. They will work closely with the HR Director to support administrative tasks associated with HR. And they will work with the Board Chair who is responsible for direct oversight of capital construction projects. The position will be designed so that the assistant will work two days/week with the President, two days with the Board Chair, and one day with the HR Director.
- Administrative and project support and coordination across a wide range of projects related to the resort’s operation, compliance, and growth objectives;
- Note taking and organization;
- E-mail and other communications;
- Keep office spaces and work materials tidy and organized.
- Other tasks as identified/assigned.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Associate’s Degree or at least 2 years of previous administrative or project management experience,
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Strong typing skills and an ability to take detailed notes,
- Strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and an ability to clearly express ideas in writing,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with, adapt to, and support a variety of personalities,
- Attention to detail,
- Good time management and task completion,
- Willingness and ability to learn as you go, figure it out, and make it happen,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, operate under deadlines, manage stress, and complete tasks,
- Strong work ethic and a fierce determination to succeed,
- Commitment to community,
- A positive attitude and sincere desire to love your work.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Alternating prolonged periods of standing and sitting.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, an inspiring workload, and many moving parts.
- Occasional physical labor or lifting up to 20 lbs. to support the operation, such as shoveling snow, carrying boxes of trail maps, etc. Please NOTE however that is a non-essential task and anyone with a disability that may prevent this should not be deterred from applying for this position.
Work Environment: The pace of work in this position is fast, involving lots of information and multiple simultaneous projects in rapid succession. The work we’re doing is exciting, transformative, and important to our local community. Our approach is collegial and supportive, but also scrappy and determined.
The right candidate for this job will be a person who isn’t afraid of new challenges, who is confident in their ability to take on new projects, and who is comfortable learning as they go. This job will be challenging, but awesome – with lots of opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally. Skiing / riding / hiking and generally being outdoors is strongly encouraged and supported every day.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.