Bolton Valley Resort
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Director of Guest Services
Position Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: The Director of Child Care will manage our day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children. The director will oversee the coordination of education programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support childcare staff, and manage the center’s financial affairs.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in managing all aspects of a childcare center or nursery school, as well as strong leadership skills. The director should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers. Early childhood development experience is a plus.
- Ensure a safe, happy and stimulating environment for children.
- Develop, manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on childcare standards and procedures required to maintain at least a 3 STAR rating.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan.
- Support families in accessing available benefits through the VT child care financial assistance program.
- Manage center enrollment and communications with families.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in early childhood education and administration.
- Licensure preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.