|Job Title: Downhill Bike Coach|
|Department: Mountain Sports|
|Reports To: Director of Guest Experience||Position Status: Full Time Seasonal|
|Date: April 2023||FLSA Status: Non-exempt|
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: Instructs students of all ages and abilities how to improve their mountain biking while providing a fun and effective learning environment.
- Instructs groups and /or individuals in a fun format
- Teaches proper technique appropriate to the ability level of those being instructed
- Promotes safety and gives students the knowledge to remain safe when they leave camp
- Participates in training and education to constantly improve personal teaching skills
- Pre-season clinics required
- Greet guests and direct guests to proper camp locations
- Must successfully complete preseason training
- Assists in mountain bike, skate or mountain kids camps as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service. Treats each camp recipient as an important individual when providing instruction.
- High school diploma
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Patience, and a love of the outdoors and teaching
- Must pass background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to bike safely and confidently in all conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times
- Ability to work during peak times and in bad weather
- Knowledge of PMBIA certification process
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Physical demands of potentially biking all day
- Stress involved with customer contact and coordination of a high number of workers.
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat, , wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent meeting and greeting, and in the sports center with children.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.