Bolton Valley Resort
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: The Executive Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef with all kitchen functions, including food preparation and presentation, kitchen staff, cleanliness standards, and customer service. It will be a full-time year-round position.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner food
- Cook and replenish food as necessary
- Order food inventory to make menu items
- Oversee the proper functioning and repair of kitchen equipment
- Prep food for each work day
- Oversee the appearance of food displays and the quality of the food being served
- Assist in the supervision and motivation of a staff of approximately 8 kitchen staff
- Assist in scheduling of staff work hours
- Train staff in food safety requirements
- Monitor cleanliness of facilities
- Shovel snow near the restaurant entrance
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: With some customer contact, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years of food and beverage experience, including chef/food prep responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Skills: Basic organizational, supervisory, food preparation and math skills.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Some bending and squatting to move food and supplies.
Work Environment: The position involves regular exposure to open flames and hot items, and the use of potentially hazardous sharp cutting utensils. Most work is performed indoors, but some occasional outdoor work, such as snow shoveling, may be required. Outdoor work is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
Bolton Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment for it’s staff and guests alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color of skin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.