Bolton Valley, VT
This is a Full-Time Year Round position and includes Health/Dental, Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay, and other resort benefits!
Full Time Year Round Position
Job Summary: The Bar & Dining Room Manager oversees all food service and beverage operations For the James Moore Tavern and Fireside Flatbread with the help of the Director of Food & Beverage. This position is responsible for developing, leading and inspiring employees, with the goal of maximizing revenue and the guest experience.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the busy the James Moore Tavern and Fireside Flatbread- staffing, Side work, supply’s, and guest satisfaction
- Cultivate working relationships with vendors
- Monitor and maintain high quality standards of prepared food and drinks sold to guests
- Schedule work hours, or direct managers to do so
- Adhere to budget, appropriately monitoring payroll and cost of goods
- Train staff, and oversee and support direct reports in their staff training efforts
- Three to four years in food service, including direct contact with guests
- One to two years food service management
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write clearly
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered
- Detail oriented
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The position involves regular exposure to open flames and hot items, and the use of potentially hazardous sharp cutting utensils. Most work is performed indoors, but some occasional outdoor work, such as snow shoveling, may be required. Outdoor work is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Pay and Benefits: Salary based on experience. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, sick time, discounts at food outlets, and a ski pass for employee and their dependents. Optional Health and Dental plans available.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.