Website Bolton Valley
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: Operates all Heavy Equipment for projects for both Summer and Winter seasons.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Exact duties depend on a heavy equipment operator’s specialization. Some common responsibilities include:
- Operating heavy equipment in compliance with BVR’s safety policies and procedures, with a strong adherence to safety and compliance codes.
- Ensuring equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner after each shift; Collecting and disposing of scrap and refuse.
- Maneuvering heavy equipment to ensure the accurate transport of materials.
- Loading and unloading equipment vehicles and trailers; as well as materials including rocks, debris, snow, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Communicating with coworkers to clarify project specifications, as needed.
- Advising the line manager of essential upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Providing suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation.
- Reporting injuries and other accidents to the line manager.
- High school diploma
- Current driver’s license.
- Prior experience operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to maneuver equipment in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.
Skills that will Help You with this Occupation:
- Hand and foot coordination to guide very large machinery in tight places.
- Operation monitoring to read gauges, dials, and other indicators, and adjust as necessary.
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork to coordinate your actions with others on the site.
- Troubleshooting to detect and fix operating problems on heavy machinery.
- Critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions to problems in order to choose the one that is most likely to be successful and cost-effective.
Customer Service Expectations: Although customer contact is rare, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires long periods of sitting and driving. Some bending, twisting and lifting (up to 50 lbs.) outside the cab are necessary to address preventative maintenance.
Work Environment: Vehicle cabs are heated. Work outside the cab is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, extreme heat, snow, wind and rain, on varied terrain surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Bolton Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment for it’s staff and guests alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color of skin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.