COME WORK AND PLAY ON THE MOUNTAIN!
We are looking for a year-round Front Desk Evening Supervisor to join our team. This position would work variable shifts depending on the season, and would mainly be 1-9pm and 3-11pm shifts, including weekends. A minimum of 1 year in customer service or hospitality is desired. We offer great benefits which include a flexible schedule, all access resort passes for you and your family, health and dental, paid time off and resort discounts on dining, childcare and kids camps.
Job Summary: Perform all duties of a Front Desk Agent, with additional supervisory responsibilities. Provides knowledgeable, efficient and friendly service to all lodging guests and prospective guests, to provide a quality stay and positive guest experience. Act as a liason between the hotel manager and both full and part-time front desk staff members.
Front Desk Evening Supervisor Responsibilities:
1) Training: Assist the Hotel Manager and Assistant Manger in training new and seasonal staff on all aspects of the hotel.
2) Communication: Act as a point of contact for both full and part-time staff members. Check-in with the morning desk agent at the beginning of your shift to receive updates for the day, and pass on necessary information to other evening staff. Maintain communication utilizing channels available including the front desk log and email.
3) Customer Service: Assist guests with all needs and rquests, passing on information to the appropriate department when necessary. Help resolve any guest issues that occur, maintaining communication with managers.
Front Desk Responsibilities:
1) Guest Reservations: Greet customers in a timely manner with a friendly and sincere welcome. Complete guest registration by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Code electronic keys. Close guest accounts at time of check out, determine satisfaction and invite guest back. Understand and follow all company policies and procedures and exceed service expectations.
2) Customer Service: The Front Desk Agent has continuous customer contact. In addition to in-person interactions, we also experience a volume of phone calls and inquiries during peak seasons. Promptly answer incoming phone calls, retrieve messages and communicate to our guests in a friendly and professional manner. Check front desk email throughout the shift and respond accordingly. Contact other departments when needed to pass along messages. Direct resort guests to the appropriate areas of the resort.
3) Resort Communication: We act as a point of contact for both hotel guests as well as day guests. Stay up to date on all resort happenings and events. Communicate with other departments daily through email, phone and radio. Notify other departments in a timely manner to any guest or event changes regarding their deparment.
4) Resort Systems: Utilize multiple software systems throughout the day for tasks including: making reservations, printing lift tickets, processing room charges and communicating with other departments.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time , both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: The Front Desk Agent has continuous customer contact. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: High School and at least 1 year of customer service required.Hotel, Lodging, Long Term Rentals, Administrative, Front Desk Associate, Sales, Hospitality and Computer skills all desirable!
Required Knowledge and Skills: Good comprehension of what constitutes excellent customer service. Ability to diffuse sometimes difficult customer situations with courtesy and professionalism.
Physical and Mental Demands: Must help guests with luggage, vacuum lobby, assist in housekeeping, and perform similar physical activity, requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. and pushing/pulling, bending, reaching, and squatting.
Work Environment: Work is performed primarily indoors in a climate controlled environment, but sometimes requires outside work in winter to shovel snow from the front steps and fire escapes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.