Please Apply ONLY if you live or plan to live LOCALLY.
Job Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor serves as a team leader who assists in the daily operations of housekeeping services to ensure offices, guest rooms, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensures the smooth operation of the Housekeeping department, and assisting other departments when necessary and keeps the Assistant Hotel Manager or Hotel Manager informed of hotel activities and problems.
- Maintain the property in a clean, orderly and sanitary way through the washing, cleaning, and care of all common areas as assigned.
- Conducts scheduling, training, supervising, and coaching of housekeeping staff.
- Adhere to the guest room and condominium cleaning procedures as outlined in the Housekeeping Procedure Manual.
- Complete daily room and condominium inspections.
- Order inventory as needed.
- Handles guest objections (problem resolution).
- Comply with property and state and federal safety regulations in handling various cleaning solvents and chemicals.
- Prepare sample rooms for sales meetings and site tours.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: 1-2 years of prior housekeeping experience in a resort environment.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers, and to read written instructions. Willing to take initiative in training and directing the work of housekeepers. Solid understanding of guest expectations.
Physical and Mental Demands: Position involves lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as pushing and pulling heavy objects. Most of the work time is spent standing, walking, bending, pushing and pulling. Some stress may result from dealing with difficult guests.
Work Environment: Most work is performed inside, but some outside shoveling of hotel room balconies is required. Riding in and/or driving a Bolton van may be required to access condos for cleaning and inspection.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.