Website Bolton Valley
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
About the Opportunity
Bolton Valley’s Sales, Marketing and Events team is seeking a multi-faceted individual to help the Director of Sales & Marketing implement the marketing, communications, content creation and PR plans.
Scope of Work:
(Many of which are shared responsibilities of others on the team)
- Help implement winter and summer marketing and communications plans
- Database marketing including weekly newsletter and targeted email campaigns
- Implement PR campaigns including writing press releases, planning press trips, tracking earned media, making new PR contacts
- Coordinate social media, along with 3 others on the team
- Keep website content up to date
- Update third party websites with information about Bolton Valley (Google My Business, industry sites, tourism sites etc.)
- Coordinate paid advertising (online and offline)
- Assist in reviewing analytics for website and online advertising
- Coordinate production of creative assets
- Create content regularly: photos, videos and/or written blog posts
- Perform admin duties for marketing, sales and other departments as needed
- Assist in communications including weekly newletter, weekly updates to Bolton Valley Staff, weekly updates to Bolton Valley’s key influencers, and blogs
- Help supervise Snow Reporter, in winter
- Fill in 2-3 days per week on snow report, in winter
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and sponsorship of events
- Work in other departments as needed
- Other work as assigned
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Most customer contact is on the web through the resort’s social media messages, email channels, and website based contact forms. When representing the resort, employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- 2-3 years of marketing and/or content creation experience (photo, video, written and/or social media/online platforms)
- Please submit a writing sample with your application or provide link(s) to any online forum you think is a good representation of the quality of work you’re capable of producing on behalf of Bolton Valley.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with social media and website content management systems (WordPress experience a plus)
- Basic photo and video skills and/or an appetite for learning
- Perhaps most importantly, the ability and open-mindedness to continue to learn. If there are areas and skills that need to be developed, we are open to supporting the education process in order to fulfill certain job requirements. We acknowledge the ideal candidate may have areas for improvement to achieve their full potential here, and we’re okay with that! We’re learning on the daily around here ourselves.
- Lastly, the desired candidate will be honest, kind and motivated to take on challenges.
We are dedicated to supporting our employee’s growth for the long term and committed to advancing our employees within the organization as opportunities present themselves.
- Intermediate to advanced skier, snowboarder, and/or mountain biker for on mountain photography/video. Never skied/snowboarded or biked before? Well, good thing we give lessons and have equipment. Let’s document your journey of learning and growth together!
Work Environment: Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer are required, as is moderate skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/hiking to check out trail conditions and take pictures/video. The majority of work time is spent indoors. Outdoor time involves skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/hiking in all weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat, wind, rain and snow.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Bolton Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment for it’s staff and guests alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.