Bolton Valley Resort
Job Title: Mountain Bike Trails Manager
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports To: Director of Mountain Ops. Position Status: Full Time Summer
(Full Time Year Round possible)
Date: March 2022 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse,
equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of
skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and
veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe
that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to
the success of our team.
The Mountain Bike Trails Manager oversees all aspects of the mountain bike trails at Bolton Valley
Resort including all aspects of new trail development, trail building, and trail maintenance.
Responsible for checking trail conditions to assess for safety and or need of trail closures.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all permits and coordinating with engineers and
regulators, where applicable.
Performs all Essential Functions of a Trail Crew Manager:
1. Hire, discipline and supervise trail crew.
2. Oversee all aspects of training of trail crew, including pre-season orientation, handbooks,
on-the-job training and documentation of this training
3. Oversee all daily operations of the mountain bike trails department
4. Oversee payroll system, assist in resolving any payroll issues
5. Communicate any variations from normal operating schedule to Ski Patrol, Lift Operations,
Guest Services and management team immediately
6. Lead a team in lift evacuation when needed
7. Print, file and ensure proper completion of daily operations logs
8. Schedule staff to ensure sufficient staffing as well as management of wages within budget
9. Ensure that all morning pre-operational trail checks are completed properly
10. Transport and advise trail crew leaders of trail maintenance to be completed
11. Assist in the maintenance of lift load and unload ramps throughout the season as needed
12. Assist Lift Maintenance staff to ensure reliable operation of lifts
13. Ensure cleanliness and safety of trails and other work areas
14. Perform all tasks of trail crew as needed
15. Ensure compliance with all permits governing BV’s mountain bike trails
16. Coordinate with engineers and state regulators, as required to ensure compliance with all
17. Work with Gravity Logic trail design team and build crew to support future planning and
the development of new trails
18. Work in different departments resort-wide as needed
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to
time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such
as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Mountain Bike Trails Manager has frequent customer
contact while providing services to the customer and representing the resort in uniform. Must
be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to
providing superior customer service.
• High School degree, plus at least 2 years prior MTB trail crew experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Valid driver’s license and training and/or experience in lift evacuation and UTV driving
• Solid supervisory, training, and record keeping skills
• Bike trail design and building experience
• Machine operation experience
• Previous bike park or ski area experience a plus
• Carpentry experience a plus
• Mechanical knowledge a plus
• Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.