Full-Time and Part-Time positions available.
Job Summary: To outfit guests with appropriate ski or snowboard rental equipment, perform tune-ups and minor repairs to ski & snowboard equipment, and run cash register to sell all rental, repair and retail products.
This position runs from the beginning of December through the end of March.
- Provide excellent customer service to every person who enters the BV Rental & Retail Shop
- Sell equipment rentals, retail items and lift tickets while presenting guests with opportunities for purchasing additional Bolton Valley products and services
- Assist guests in selecting appropriate ski or snowboard rental equipment
- Measure guests’ height, weight and shoe size
- Adjust skis, snowboards, bindings and helmets to appropriate settings for rental
- Distribute equipment to guests
- Tune up and perform minor repairs to rental and guests’ equipment
- Assist in the overall cleanliness and functionality of the Rental & Retail shop
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: This position involves constant, direct customer contact: answering questions, selling products, determining the proper size for equipment, explaining the process of putting the equipment on, etc. Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school education
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience helpful
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Basic knowledge of ski & snowboard equipment
- Interest in skiing & snowboarding
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and under pressure
- Familiarity with simple hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.)
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking short distances
- Minor lifting (ski/snowboard equipment, some boxes up to 20 lbs, ski racks)
- High noise levels and crowded spaces during busy times
- Occasional snow shoveling and moving of ski racks
Work Environment: Work is performed primarily indoors, but may include limited outdoor tasks such as moving ski racks and shoveling snow. Noise levels can be high and space crowded during busy times. Potential hazards include tuning equipment (edger, grinder, waxer, etc.) with moving belts and sharp components, potentially harmful fumes or chemicals from tuning and cleaning processes, and equipment stored on racks and shelves that could fall. Must use provided personal protective equipment when tuning.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.