Website Bolton Valley
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: Oversee all in season daily operations, pre-season planning and preparation, and post-season shut-down of a busy ski resort rental, repair and retail facility.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and discipline all Rental/Repair staff
- Ensure smooth daily operations of the shop
- Plan, purchase and maintain and profitable retail program that provides guests the products they are looking for and increases shop profits
- Maintain all safety records regarding equipment testing and repairs
- Coordinate after-school program with chaperones
- Complete all post-accident reports and inspections for accidents involving rental equipment
- Maintain and service rental equipment inventory
- Rotate inventory and set up new inventory purchases
- Identify areas for improvement in shop presentation, flow and profitability
- Ensure cleanliness and functionality of all aspects of the shop’s operation
- Create and manage staff wage budget
- Perform all other tasks of Rental/Repair/Retail Staff
- Trains all staff in POS and online fulfillment
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: This position involves constant, direct customer contact: answering questions, selling products, determining the proper size for equipment, explaining the process of putting the equipment on, etc. In addition, as manager, employee must also handle guest complaints and other feedback and provide performance feedback to employees.
- High School diploma
- Extensive prior work experience in a rental and/or retail shop in the ski industry
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous cash handling experience helpful
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service, supervisory & communication skills
- Extensive familiarity of ski & snowboard equipment, tuning, testing and rental procedures
- Knowledge of industry safety standards
- Knowledge of retail products and trends
- Passion for the sports of skiing & snowboarding
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and under pressure
- Familiarity with all tuning equipment
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking short distances
- Minor lifting (ski/snowboard equipment, some boxes up to 20 lbs, ski racks)
- High noise levels and crowded spaces during busy times
- Occasional snow shoveling and moving of ski racks
Work is performed primarily indoors, but may include limited outdoor tasks such as moving ski racks and shoveling snow. Noise levels can be high and space crowded during busy times. Potential hazards include tuning equipment (edger, grinder, waxer, etc.) with moving belts and sharp components, potentially harmful fumes or chemicals from tuning and cleaning processes, and equipment stored on racks and shelves that could fall. Must use provided personal protective equipment when tuning.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.