Bolton Valley Resort
Apply Now We are accepting applications for the 2022/2023 Winter Season.
Bolton Valley is committed to making our work environment more diverse, equitable, and inclusive by never discriminating against race, religion, color of skin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disabilities, age, national origin, and veteran status when hiring candidates and within our place of work. We believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contribute to the success of our team.
Job Summary: The Ski Patroller provides emergency services to skiing and riding guests including medical care, search and rescue, lift evacuation, and identification and marking of hazardous ski conditions.
- Effectively handles all on-mountain emergencies
- Provides emergency medical care when needed
- Performs daily trail checks, and marks and identifies potential hazards
- Interacts with guests and other staff members while wearing visible ski patrol uniform
- Carries first aid equipment at all times while on duty
- Follows appropriate radio use guidelines
- Participates in continuing education to maintain skills in lift evacuation and other areas of ski safety
- Maintains and documents records of all pertinent information regarding incidents, and conducts incident investigations as directed by supervisor
- Models and promotes snow sport safety
- Assists with search and rescue operations
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends. Customer Service Expectations: Patroller has frequent customer contact while providing services to the customer and representing the resort in uniform. Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High School degree
- Prior ski patrolling experience preferred
- Valid EMT, OEC or higher certification. WFR may be considered
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer, yearly re-certification required
- Advanced skiing/riding ability required to reach and rescue injured skiers on all terrain
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment
Required Knowledge and Skills: Training and/or experience in emergency patient care, mass casualty situations, lift evacuation, ski and toboggan handling, ski & trail safety management.
Physical and Mental Demands: Position involves skiing/snowboarding and hauling equipment such as toboggans and backboards on all terrain. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend and twist to load a toboggan, and maneuver a loaded toboggan while skiing/snowboarding. Mental demand includes staying calm in emergency situations.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.