This position is early November to middle of February. Rate of pay per hour will depend on experience. Successful completion of the snowmaking season may lead to employment in other departments for the remainder of the Winter Season.
Job Summary: The Snowmaker utilizes the snowmaking equipment to produce and distribute snow on mountain trails.
- Start up and shut down snowmaking system
- Operate snowmobile to reach snowmaking destinations and facilitate snowmaking process
- Place snow guns and hoses appropriately on the mountain as directed by the Night Lead Snowmaker or the Snowmaking Operations Supervisor
- Operate high voltage equipment and high pressure air and water systems utilizing appropriate safety precautions
- Perform regular gun runs verifying and adjusting for quality of snow
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Customer contact is rare, but must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience in manual labor
- Some previous experience in snowmaking is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The position is entry level. Requires good work ethic, common sense, and the ability to work nights.
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside, and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times. Must lift up to 50 pounds and be able to twist, turn and drag equipment.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.