Bolton Valley Resort
Apply Now Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for producing daily and weekly finance reports, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, and performing monthly reconciliations.
- Audit/Review daily revenues from all outlets
- Review and distribute daily revenue reports to resort management
- Audit daily revenue postings to the general ledger
- Assist with Cash Room activities, ensuring resort wide cash needs are met
- Assist inputting and monitoring accounts payable/invoices, checking for accuracy and resolving errors
- Assist in managing accounts receivable and billings – follow up/resolution
- Assist in monitoring inventory and posting Cost of Goods Sold·
- Assist in preparing weekly financial reports· Assist in quarterly finalizing/closing of Balance Sheet/Trial Balance·
- Assist Accounting Manager, Vice President and President with other accounting and related activities as needed
- This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends. Customer Service Expectations: The employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
Qualifications: College Degree or 3 years of equivalent accounting experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel (required)
- Knowledge of SMS and Axess and Info Genesis softwares (desired)
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-guided
- Strong Analytical Skills Strong Focus on Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Strong time management skills is a must
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with and communicate with all levels of management.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work multiple jobs outside of the Accounting Office.
Physical and Mental Demands: Some long periods of sitting and working at a computer and on the phone. Must be able to work in various resort positions (inside and outside) for long periods of time.
Work Environment: Work is performed in all areas of the resort (inside and outside). The primary job is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.