Full Or Part Time Summer Seasonal Positions Available!
JOB SUMMARY: A Trail Crew Member is responsible for the maintenance of trails in the bike park and summit by performing the following duties. A Trail Crew Member has an understanding of trail building design and construction techniques, is a mountain bike rider, and possesses general construction skills as well as the ability to operate an all-terrain vehicle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned):
- Works with the crew to build and maintain the trails within the bike park and surrounding areas.
- Patrols the park to assure trail readiness and assists patrol opening trails on occasion.
- Shoveling, raking and walking/hiking on a daily basis.
- Work as a member of a tight knit crew
- Downhill bike riding
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which could be directly related or unrelated to original position.
- Ability to work under varying conditions (heat, cold, rain bugs, etc.).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old by start date
- Minimum of completed High school education
- Ability to carry heavy loads (50+) for long distances over rugged terrain
- Good judgment, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of Mountain Bike Terrain
- Strong desire and motivation to work hard and make a difference every day
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to learn
- Hand and power-tool training and familiarity
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.