Job Summary: The Winter Grounds Department is responsible for safe and efficient snow removal at the ski resort including roadways, parking lots, walkways and stairs.
- Remove snow from resort areas utilizing a pickup truck plow, front end bucket loader, tractor and snow blowers.
- Sand and salt roads, parking lots and walkways as necessary.
- Load sand onto truck sander.
- Attach detach and maintain plowing equipment from vehicles as needed.
- Assist vehicle maintenance department as time permits.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Although customer contact is rare, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High School diploma or comparable heavy equipment operation experience.
- Current driver’s license
Required Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of safe operation of heavy equipment, and the ability to maneuver equipment in all winter weather conditions.
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires long periods of sitting and driving. Some bending, twisting and lifting (up to 50 lbs.) outside the cab are necessary to address mechanical issues or clear ice from the windshield.
Work Environment: Vehicle cabs are heated. Work outside the cab is performed in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied terrain surfaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.