Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Bolton Valley’s ski and ride program provides student-centered, guest-oriented, and outcome-based lessons that promote safety, fun, and learning. Lessons are the best way for beginners, both kids, and adults, to be introduced to the sport. Advanced skiers and riders can take advantage of lessons to hone existing skills and acquire new ones.
Season Long & Multi-Week Lesson Programs
Bolton Valley’s season-long weekend instructional program for families who choose to ski or ride every Saturday and/or Sunday. The program’s primary focus is on building a strong fundamental base to help participants enjoy a lifetime of skiing and riding.
Nordic Skiing and Snowshoe Lessons
The Bolton Valley Nordic Center offers a wide variety of lessons and programs for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing. Learn to ski or snowshoe, or tune your skills this winter with a Bolton Valley Nordic Instructor!
Backcountry Lessons and Guides
Even the most experienced backcountry skiers and riders will appreciate where we can bring them. And for those looking to explore safely and learn about touring from experienced guides and instructors, they’ve now got a one-stop-shop, complete with all the equipment and a full progression of easily accessible terrain options.
BV Freeride Teams
We’ll be focusing on big-mountain style skiing and riding, risk assessment, and generally raising kids’ comfort levels on every terrain and in every condition the mountains can throw at them. They’ll spend a lot of time on the mountain – on the steeps and in the trees – as well as some time in the park and in the air, and exploring the backcountry
After School and Home School Programs
Bolton Valley has been offering an after school ski and ride program to elementary, middle, and high school students for over two decades. It is a value-driven, five week program offering lift tickets, rentals, and lessons.
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports provides sports and recreational opportunities for individual with disabilities. True to its mission for over 20 years, they have helped thousands to gain a greater measure of self-esteem, more independence and also the ability to enjoy the outdoors. They provide opportunities in a world filled with barriers and obstacles.
- On busy weekends and holidays, plan to get to the mountain at least an hour before your lesson especially if you have children and/or are in need of rental equipment.
- Leave yourself enough time to arrive promptly at the meeting place. All lessons meet outside the rental shop on snow by the Ski/Ride sign.
- To ensure the best results for you and your child, please give accurate information (ages, abilities, etc.) to our experienced staff.
- Observe your child in his/her class from afar; don’t get close enough to cause a distraction to your child or the class.
- Please remember that one parent must remain on the mountain while a child is in any program, or should be reachable by phone in case of an emergency.
- Dress in layers; more is better than less.
- On the colder days the class will take frequent breaks to ensure you child has a great day.
- On sunny days, use sunscreen and protective eyewear.
- By far the best and most economical programs for those who have never skied or snowboarded before are our all day programs.