Bolton Valley Resort
Apply Now Job Summary: The Office Assistant provides general administrative support to Bolton’s Management Team. Essential Functions:
- Assist the Management of Bolton Valley regarding general office duties
- Positively represent the resort by being friendly and helpful
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, comments and complaints by telephone, via email or by regular mail;
- Perform basic data entry
- Communicate closely with other departments
- Other customer service-oriented tasks as assigned
- Assist members of the executive team with projects as needed.
- Greet and welcome guests to the Administrative office.
- Clean and straighten the Administration area daily, to maintain a neat and professional office appearance.
- Straighten supply closet, take supply inventory every Monday, and place orders for supplies which are running low.
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Employee is expected to be courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivilent required
- 1-2 years of previous office experience in a customer service environment
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Helpful, outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- General interest in the ski industry and in helping others
- Ability to follow instructions
- Phone etiquette skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel a plus
- Knowledge in Quickbooks, but not necessary
- Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Alternating prolonged periods of standing and sitting.
- Stress from dealing with fast-paced environment, occasionally difficult and/or upset customers, and quickly jumping from one situation to the next
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. (boxes of trail maps or brochures, ski racks, etc.).
Work Environment: Work is performed almost exclusively indoors, except for some shoveling/sanding/salting of exterior stairs and entryways. The pace is fast, involving lots of information and questions in rapid succession. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.