Start Your Hike From the Highest Ski Resort Base Elevation in Vermont, Conveniently Located Just 30 Minutes From Burlington and MontpelierBeautiful Views Await You
Start Your Hike From the Highest Ski Resort Base Elevation in Vermont, Conveniently Located Just 30 Minutes From Burlington and Montpelier. Join us for Small Hikes with Big Views or Longer Hikes that Connect to Vermont’s Legendary Long Trail. Either Way, Finish Your Hike With Delicious Food & Drinks at the Resort to Celebrate! Plus Hiking at Bolton Valley is Free!
No Dogs On Vista or Wilderness Terrain… But lot’s of good spots to walk the pooches, per the trail map!
Bolton Valley is situated smack dab in the middle of the highest string of peaks in the Green Mountains, and just a handful of miles due east of the widest part of beautiful Lake Champlain. Our base village is nestled at 2200 feet and surrounded by thousands of acres of pure unadulterated wilderness, and within a 20 mile radius is literally the most and best hiking, mountain biking, and fishing per square mile in the entire state (and arguably, the North East).
Tips for Success:
– Hiking is FREE, but please stay on the work roads or designated hiking trails.
– Dogs are no longer permitted on Vista and Wilderness terrain as it’s now a lift serviced Mountain Bike Park (same policy as winter basically, now that we’ve gone year round with downhill lift-serviced sports).
– Dogs welcome at:
* Timberline base area + work roads
* XCountry trails around the Sports Center
* Trails to Harrington’s View, Bryant Camp and Bolton Cabin (new map charting these routes coming very soon!).
* On the main base area ski slopes, dogs walkers can traverse the work road that crosses below Snowflake Lift and keep heading right to go toward Timberline from the Main Base Area. No hiking up toward Vista Peak from that work road if you have a dog though please. The hike to Timberline from the Main Base Area is a nice one for sure with beautiful scenic views from the top of Spellbinder trail near mid station of Timberline lift line. A little counterintuitive as most people assume the better views would be from the top of Timberline Peak, but frankly, we recommend this spot at the top of Spellbinder Trail near Timberline’s mid station for the better views.
– Pack in, pack out. Help us keep our trails and woods clean!
– Respect state and local health guidelines around social distancing, washing hands often, don’t come if you’re showing symptoms of the coronavirus or have had contact with others who have and wear a mask when entering any of Bolton Valley’s facilities. For current hours/offerings at the resort, go here: Hours of Operation
– Enjoy the views!