This position is part-time weekends and holidays. This job will not start until December.
Job Summary: The Parking Lot Attendant is responsible for maintaining the orderly flow of traffic, and maximizing all available space to safely park as many cars as possible.
- Sets up and removes traffic cones daily
- Checks for, and appropriately marks, all potential safety hazards in the parking lot
- Removes trash and debris from parking lot to keep grounds neat and orderly
- Directs the flow of traffic into and out of the parking lot
- Directs cars to appropriate and efficient parking spaces
- Addresses inquiries from drivers and customers in general
- Arrives for work on time, and provides proper notification to supervisor in the event of absence or tardiness
Ticket Checker Functions:
- Check to ensure every skier or snowboarder has a valid day ticket or season pass each time before boarding the lift
- Answer guest questions by being familiar with Bolton Valley’s layout, products, services and current conditions or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s question
- Identify fraudulent or counterfeit ticket use
- Communicate safety procedures and rules for riding the lifts to the customers as necessary
- Handle upset guests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Organize passengers into groups of 2 or 4 (depending on lift) to fill chairs and move lift lines efficiently
- Maintain lift maze area, including shoveling and raking as necessary
NOTE: All Bolton Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Bolton’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license for operation of Ranger, snowmobile and company automobile
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid verbal communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside, and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times, even under pressure. Requires bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.boltonvalley.com.